Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Why do YOU like Color Challenges?

Or if you don't...why you should!!! Since taking over Color Me Scrappy, a lot of scrappers have expressed to me that color challenges are their least favorite scrapbook challenge. I hope to change that perception and make color challenges fun for everyone!!

I like color challenges because they help me use my stash and make me mix up paper collections that I may not have before! I like to go in search of papers that work for the challenge! I asked the Color Me Scrappy design team to share what they like about color challenges and here is what they shared...

Mary Bennetts - "because it makes me use colours I normally wouldn't use, like purple!"

Debi Clark - "I just love finding the colours in the palette...it's always a pleasure when I have matched them."

Lisa Haiss - "Color challenges make me use colors that are not my go to colors and they also make me  put together combos that I normally wouldn't use."

Lynn Lefevre - "...Color challenges help me step out of my comfort zone and I like that.  The challenges are unique and can be incorporated  with other challenges."

Stephanie DiSabato - "It helps me scrap with photos our of chronological order. The color scheme usually brings certain photos or emotions in mind and then I pick my photos.  I like that approach to scrapping."

Valerie Andrieux - "It makes me use different colors than the ones I usually choose and it's fun to look for a way  to include all of them."

Now it's your turn to tell us how you feel! Why do you enjoy color challenges? If you don't really like them, share that too and tell us why in the comments. For added fun... use one of the color schemes in the college below and create a project. Get out of your comfort zone and have fun with color!! Link up your creations on right sidebar by the end of the month. I will draw a winner to win a RAK from me from all of the participants! (can you tell I love to give out goodies??!! so fun to receive and even more fun to give!!)




Enjoy your day!!

- Tammi




5 comments:

  1. I love color challenges because unlike other challenges you still have lots of freedom to create & design. The control of the color scheme allows me to use colors that I may overlook or use up papers that i might not necessarily use on their own. So much fun! :) ....now which color palette to pick for the challenge??? Excuse me while bi raid my stash. .... Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like color challenges because the colors in the palette cause me to get out of my box and really mix and match papers and things I wouldn't normally put together!!!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love lots of colour?? Colour challenges are one of my favorite types of challenges... I love using them as guidelines, and they make it super easy to mix and match manufacturers and lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your color challenge site and plan to use it a lot! But please realize some of us are doing a lot of male layouts. Out of your last 6 combinations 5 involved pink. I can work with pink a little, but please bring in some red and oranges. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a color challenge.
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS